21st Century Leadership programme
Programme Dates 2018
Application Deadline: Four weeks prior to workshop
Module 1: (Two Days): 19th - 20th November 2018
Module 2: (Two Days): Dates TBA
Module 3: (Two Days): Dates TBA
Provider: Papillon Du Bois
Price for each Module: £510 + VAT per delegate which includes lunch and refreshments. Overnight accommodation needs to be arranged separately (if required).
Total cost: £1,530 + VAT
Module 1 TBC depending on local delegates
Modules 2 & 3 – to be decided by delegates at Module 1
To register your interest and for booking details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a six-day programme, delivered in three modules over 12 months, for Directors of Estates and their senior staff. It is designed to assist leaders to inspire others to achieve goals.
The programme introduces new behaviours and techniques, assisting participants to make a significant impact on their organisation.
It enables leaders who may wish to move up to the next level and face the challenges of the corporate planning and change, by giving them insights to challenge their existing thinking.
The focus is on personal leadership and managing change and prepares participants for the challenges of senior strategic roles.
AUDE has worked with external training consultants Papillon Du Bois ltd to custom design this event. It provides an interactive learning opportunity to help delegates become proficient Leaders. This course builds on the strengths of the AUDE network and allows participants to benefit from the range of knowledge and experience of their peers.
Who Should Attend?
Directors of Estates, Deputy Directors of Estates or Senior Members of the Estates Team who are looking to develop, refresh or enhance their leadership skills and aspire to more senior roles within the University.
- Gain greater awareness of their personal leadership style and its impact on others.
- Explore the importance of managing individuals when planning and leading strategic change.
- Establish a deeper understanding of diversity and talent management.
They will learn:
- what impact they can make as leaders on team motivation
- the messages they need to communicate to raise levels of motivation and commitment
- how to apply models of motivation
- the impact of projecting their own attitudes and beliefs on colleagues/team
- to take responsibility for their behaviour and actions
- communication and effective question techniques
- assertiveness techniques
- how to focus energy on that which can be influenced and controlled
- how to understand self and others
Many different styles of leadership will be preferred and used by participants and each has the propensity to forgo one of the following key aspects of leadership in favour of a few preferred styles:
Results – Change – Vision – Inspiration – Teamwork – Coaching and Mentoring – Managing Inner Self – Thought Leadership
The workshop series will address these leadership gaps and help delegates to become proficient.
The first 2 days cover an introduction to Leadership Styles and Key Techniques – the following 4 days will cover the practical application of Leadership Skills in commercial situations and when dealing with Academics.
The Papillon du Bois approach
- Encompasses a blend of skill sharing, group work and experiential learning
- Uses personalised one-to-one psychometrics, including 360-degree feedback.
- Involves internationally recognised consultants and workshop facilitators/coaches
- Involves regular discussion about delegates own personal development.