AUDE Summer School
Wednesday 27 June - Saturday 30 June 2018
Cost: £1,995 per person (ex VAT)
Location: East Midlands Conference Centre, University of Nottingham
For queries or questions please contact AUDE on 01509 22 88 96 | email@example.com
This residential programme will nurture emerging talent in higher education estates and facilities management. Delegates will hear from estates directors and sector experts on key areas of estates and facilities management, facilitated by an external provider. It will provide a network of peers to strike up a working relationship with, which for many will be sustained into the future. Learning will be embedded with a course assignment and a refresher event after the programme.
Who does this course suit?
- Members of HE estates and facilities who are on their way to a career as a deputy director or director of estates and FM
- Individuals with the potential to grow from perhaps a generic or more junior role
- More senior professionals within a niche role who wish to expand their breadth of knowledge.
- Example roles suitable for this course might include; projects portfolio manager, associate director, head of estate management etc
- We would recommend delegates have a solid understanding of the sector and matters affecting estates and facilities management professionals.
Who can attend?
- Any member of AUDE (registration is free)
- There is no limit on the number of delegates from one institution
- Expert delivery from current and experienced directors of estates
- Sessions from sector experts
- Three nights accommodation at The Orchard Hotel (adjacent to the residential venue)
- All meals and refreshments
- Full course materials
- Graduation ceremony and certificate
- Guest evening speakers
- Follow up event after graduation
- Professor Robert Allison, Vice-Chancellor and President at Loughborough University.
- Keith Lilley, Director of Estates and Facilities at University of Sheffield and AUDE Chair Elect
- Sue Holmes, Director of Estates and Facilities Management at Oxford Brookes University and AUDE chair 2015/16
- Andrew McConnell OBE, Finance Director at University of Huddersfield
- Colin Blair MBE, Director of Estates and Facilities at University of Huddersfield
- Ann Allen, Director of Estates at University of Glasgow
- Andrew Burgess, Director of Infrastructure and Commercial Services at University of Loughborough
- Andrew May, Development Director, LocatED
- Syd Cottle, Director of Estate Management at University of Liverpool
- Peter Birch, Energy Manager at University of Liverpool
- Clive Wilson MBE, Director of Estates & Facilities at University of Bradford
- Paul Goffin, Director of Estates at University of Oxford
- Gary Jebb, Director of Estates at University of Edinburgh
Facilitator: Graham Johnson, The Leaderful Partnership
Graham has been an organisational and leadership consultant for 20 years and in the last decade has been the architect, facilitator and project lead for a series of Higher Education leadership development interventions for UK and international Universities. He also has a wealth of experience from consulting to private and public sector organisations including the NHS, Police & Local Authorities, E.On, AstraZeneca, Royal Bank of Scotland and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
With a Masters in Leadership Studies, Graham is committed to enabling leadership that lasts. He has a deep understanding of the leadership terrain and, prior to his role as a facilitator and consultant, for many years he was a leadership practitioner within commercial roles.
Graham has a passion for developing Leaderful Organisations whereby leaders at all levels work together to address the complex challenges they face. His whole-systems approach and progressive appreciation of leadership underpins a collective philosophy, which has been at the heart of three award winning and nationally recognised HE development initiatives.
- Welcome by AUDE chair and course tutor
- What is estates management?
- Energy and utilities
- Land and property
- Health and safety
- Leadership and management
For queries or questions please contact AUDE on 01509 22 88 36 | firstname.lastname@example.org