Colourful behaviour and personal effectiveness - NEW COURSE
Training Provider: Papillon Du Bois
Success is driven by three key things, knowledge of our subject, our ability to communicate effectively and our capacity to connect with people. This personal effectiveness workshop focuses on the third of these. Using the insights® discovery colour behaviour model, this one day interactive workshop will focus on helping you to understand yourself, consider the impact you have on others, understand your colleagues, customers and suppliers and build better relationships.
Costs and booking information
1 November 2017 | Birmingham | £389 +VAT per person
To register your interest please email email@example.com
Please read our key information for delegates before booking.
- Considering perception and reality – what do we see in situations and how does that compare with others?
- Exploring self – who are we as individuals?
- Personal impact – how does our behaviour impact on how other people see us and how does theirs impact on us?
- Recognising the styles – what do we need to look out for to help us identify other’s styles?
- Adapting and connecting – how do we modify our style and approach to suit our existing and potential clients and get more positive outcomes from our interactions?
- Dealing with challenging interactions – what should we consider when we need to connect with people we find more challenging?
This masterclass will be led by either Rob Hunt or Sarah Player from Papillon du Bois Ltd. They work regularly with many UK universities and organisations from the construction, legal, communication, oil and gas, marketing, waste management, financial and retail sectors. Rob Hunt (FInstSMM FCIM FCMI), managing director, has worked in the communications industry for the last thirty years and has operated as a senior manager or director for sales, marketing and training for Royal Mail (RoMEC), Alcatel and Mars. Sarah Player (PG Cert Bus Admin, BA Hons, ILP) sales director and trainer, is passionate about people, communication and creativity. She has broad experience in people management, customer service, sales, and quality and customer focused training. She has worked in event
management, retail and most recently in the print industry as business development manager and regional director.