Bookings for the third cohort of Future Professional Directors, a unique leadership programme designed in partnership with nine sector bodies for those who demonstrate strong leadership potential in their current role.
Future Professional Directors is for those who are looking to develop their leadership potential and are considering their future career progression. The programme is open to individuals from all areas of professional services. I am pleased to share this with you in case you are considering your next development opportunity.
Applications for 2018 are now open
Application Deadline: Friday 23 February 2018
Module 1: Wednesday 21 – Friday 23 March 2018
Webinar: Friday 20 April 2018
360 Day: Tuesday 22 May 2018
Action Learning Set 1: Wednesday 23 May 2018
Module 2: Tuesday 3 – Wednesday 4 July 2018
Action Learning Set 2: Thursday 6 September 2018
Challenge Group Submission Deadline: Friday 12 October 2018
Module 3: Thursday 15 – Friday 16 November 2018
- You will explore and analyse your personal leadership style and enhance your leadership skillset to enable you to lead strategically in your particular area and beyond.
- Develop the skills and approaches for dealing with challenge, such as institutional change, developing partnership and interpersonal conflict.
- Gain a network of peers with which to share experiences of professional service leadership and develop a wide range or perspectives and insights.
- Explore what it means to use collaborative techniques to lead effectively, motivating and positively influencing colleagues across organisational boundaries.
Future Professional Directors runs over 9 months, and includes the following features:
- Three core modules run residentially:
- Leading in a culture of change (you as a leader of change)
- Leading across the organisation (boundary-spanning leadership)
- Leading strategic engagement (developing and delivering strategy)
- Case studies and simulations with individual and group feedback. A live case study exploring a leadership challenge with a host organisation will take place during module one.
- Three work-based leadership challenges that are developed throughout the programme with the support of your peers and the programme team.
- Action learning to provide a space for reflection and build a learning community.
- An individual 360-degree diagnostic.
- Creation of your own personal development plan, building on your strengths gained from reflection, group work and practical engagement with a number of work based tasks.
Applications are open and the deadline is Friday 23 February 2018.
For more information and booking: www.lfhe.ac.uk/fpd