Presenting with impact | 23 January 2018 | Central Birmingham
Training Provider: Papillon Du Bois
Most of us are apprehensive, nervous, scared or even petrified of how we come across during presentations, whether they are to groups of three or 300. This interactive masterclass will to give you the opportunity to receive feedback from the facilitator and fellow delegates on your own presentation style to help you develop your skills and build personal strategies to positively impact on your audience.
- Increase awareness of personal style
- Develop confidence in presenting
- Understand the audience
- Practice presentation skills
Costs and booking information
Cost - £315 +VAT per person
Download and complete this application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our key information for delegates before booking.
- The workshop will involve videoing of the delegates and playing back to the group
- Presenting; the basics – sharing of existing knowledge/experiences in presenting and consolidation of the key theoretical areas
- Impact in presentations – focusing on the underlying messages we give when presenting
- Audience awareness – understanding the people we are presenting to, handling the audience and keeping them interested
- Practice presentations – an opportunity to build on the discussions and learning and get feedback on development
This masterclass will be led by either Rob Hunt or Sarah Player from Papillon du Bois Ltd. They work regularly with many UK universities and organisations from the construction, legal, communication, oil and gas, marketing, waste management, financial and retail sectors. Rob Hunt (FInstSMM FCIM FCMI), managing director, has worked in the communications industry for the last thirty years and has operated as a senior manager or director for sales, marketing and training for Royal Mail (RoMEC), Alcatel and Mars. Sarah Player (PG Cert Bus Admin, BA Hons, ILP) sales director and trainer, is passionate about people, communication and creativity. She has broad experience in people management, customer service, sales, and quality and customer focused training. She has worked in event
management, retail and most recently in the print industry as business development manager and regional director.