Training Provider: Provelio
This course provides the opportunity to stand back from the detailed day to day management and allow time to develop strategic thinking for the long term.
- Develop the confidence to produce and present an inspiring and compelling estate strategy
- Develop awareness of supporting guidance and material
- Explore areas of interest, confusion or concern
- Have the space away to develop their leadership skills
Dates and booking details
Cost: £100 per person (This is a subsidised cost for directors of university estates and facilities, their direct reports and deputy directors)
Please read our key information for delegates before booking.
This masterclass will focus on the following key areas:
- Exploring obstacles and barriers which prevent strategic change and identifying solutions
- Creating effective, meaningful and actionable strategic direction
- Understanding how to use strategic data, develop the skills to critically challenge, move from management to leadership and identify best value options
- To understand the strategic context of your own estate and how to maximise the value you can create from it
- Sharing experience and knowledge with your peer group
Paul Wilson is the managing director of Provelio, a management consultancy specialising in programme, project and change management services. Paul has been a project director for a Russell Group university and led delivery teams on many university framework appointments. Paul was the lead author of the Guide to Realisation of Strategic Change and Benefits which was produced as a national best practice guide for HEFCE. He has extensive experience of extracting estates cost and performance data to ensure that management information produced creates strategic choice and encourages effective strategic decision making. Paul also lectures at various undergraduate and post graduate courses and has researched several relevant areas including procurement, system building, sustainability and BIM.
“This course has enabled me to look at how I can best position any strategic initiatives for presentation to the board with an improved chance of succeeding.”