Sustainability in the higher education estate
Training Provider: Couch Perry Wilkes
Directors of estates in the higher education sector are feeling the pinch with rising operating costs and looming targets for absolute carbon dioxide (CO2 ) emissions reduction across an ageing building stock. This course provides directors of estates and sustainability managers with the tools and practical knowledge to face these challenges head on.
Dates and booking details
- Low energy roadmap and key challenges
- Metrics for measuring and monitoring estate performance
- Energy and carbon saving opportunities, including case study examples
- Lighting, lighting controls, practical implementation and costs
- Fabric and service upgrades
- Low and zero carbon technologies, feed in tariffs and renewable heat incentives
Couch Perry Wilkes specialise in designing and integrating the full range of energy solutions into existing and new buildings. Using innovative and contemporary engineering techniques the aim is to
deliver cutting edge sustainable solutions which are not only energy efficient but are both financially and environmentally sustainable.
- Simon Seaton-Smith – CPW technical and commercial director
- Neil Foster – CPW director of lighting and daylighting
- Hannah Beirne – CPW sustainability consultant and BREEAM assessor
- Dr. Stephen Ball – CPW director of sustainability