University business improvement through integrated planning
Training Provider: CPB Projects
As universities face the challenges of a more competitive and dynamic higher education marketplace, the role of the estate as a source of potential advantage has taken on renewed significance. Across all tiers of the education sector, investment in the learning environment has changed student expectations to the extent that the estate itself is increasingly perceived as a competitive tool. This masterclass will help increase your influence within the strategic planning process.
- Explore the barriers to the development of fully integrated strategies
- Build an understanding of the key drivers of academic strategy
- Explore the link between academic strategies and estate planning using space modelling and scenario planning techniques
- Consider ways of engaging with academics and key stakeholder groups to develop genuinely integrated strategies
Dates and booking details
- Identify key issues with integrated planning and demonstrate why integrated planning is vital to the competitive position of your institution
- Explore scenario planning and space modelling techniques to translate academic priorities and options for estate development
- How to manage the conversation at strategic levels and measure performance
- Explore the significant role of estates teams in strategic planning, the relationships around this and the foundation for further development
Bryan Thomas and Grant Charman, directors at CPB Projects Ltd, a specialist consultancy which helps universities and colleges prepare robust estates strategies and capital project briefs by clearly defining their academic and space requirements at the earliest stages. They focus the scoping, modelling and briefing processes vital to the short-term success of individual projects and to achieving long-term value for money.